In order to treat hair loss in young women successfully, you must first find the cause of the problem. Once you know that, you’ll need to combine medication, hair care products, and nutritional supplements to restore your locks to their original beauty.
3 Steps to Treat Hair Loss in Young Women
Step #1 - Find Out the Reason
In the vast majority of cases, hair loss is a symptom of an underlying health condition. It’s most often caused by:
- Hormonal imbalance
- Nutritional deficiency
In some cases, the original condition cannot be treated. For example, when one has a genetic predisposition to hair loss. This means that the only way to save your locks or at least minimize the rate of loss is to treat the ‘symptom’.
However, you must always start with a thorough health check so that your doctor can rule out any other reasons. Quite often, normalizing hormonal levels is the most efficient way to treat hair loss in young women.
You should also consult a hair expert in a good salon. In some situations, the issues might be caused by incorrect hair care practices. For example, using a wrong kind of shampoo might cause scalp irritation. If the reaction is mild, you might not notice it before inflammation deals some serious damage to hair follicles.
The most important thing to remember is that hair loss in young women is always a very important issue. It’s not a mere cosmetic problem that can be overlooked if you have high self-esteem. It can be a symptom of a potentially fatal disease, so you must do a complete checkup to determine its cause.
Steps #2 - Switch to Safe & Restorative Hair Care Practices
The way you care for your hair affects it greatly. Abusing styling products and hot tools, like a flat iron or hair drier damages the locks and can cause hair loss if you allow the problem to fester.
Poor hygiene also has a similar effect. Although, washing your hair too often and too harshly can be just as bad for scalp and follicles.
The right way to care for your locks goes like this:
- Wash your hair every 2-3 days with a shampoo that fits your skin and hair type.
If you need to wash your locks more often, use a specialized mild product.
- Use a conditioner regularly in order to keep your tresses hydrated and protected. Apply it carefully on the hair itself and try to avoid the product touching your scalp.
- Comb your hair twice a day with a massage brush to stimulate blood flow in the scalp.
- Don’t wear your locks in tight ponytails, braids, or other styles that prevent efficient blood circulation and put too much strain on the follicles.
- Always use a specialized heat-protection spray before using hot styling tools.
- Get healthy and shiny hair naturally by using homemade remedies and/or professional restorative products at least twice a week.
- Minimize styling and coloring of your locks, at least until they are strong and healthy again.
Step #3 - Use the Right Hair Supplements
In many cases, hair loss in young women is either cause or exacerbated by some nutritional deficiencies. Therefore, reworking your diet plan and getting some specialized supplements might help treat the problem more efficiently.
Some of these products can be beneficial for you regardless of the underlying cause of hair loss, because they affect this particular symptom.
Hair, Skin & Nails.
This product is a cocktail of ingredients designed specifically to enhance your beauty.
Biotin is vitamin B7 and the #1 element for boosting hair growth naturally. It can’t speed up the process, as nothing can do that, but it makes your new hairs healthier and stronger.
Coral Calcium with Vitamin D-3.
Calcium deficiency is one of the most common causes of hair loss.